Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prank of the Day

I think most of the people who read this know me well enough to know how much of a goofball I am. If you don't know me well enough to know that, then get off my blog!! Seriously though, one of the things I love about teaching in an Elementary school is the wonderful outlet it provides for my goofiness.

Case in Point (Prank of the Day):
For book reports my 3rd graders got to choose their favorite picture in the book and draw it after briefly describing what they read. John, one of my star pupils, chose some book about cookies and drew about .. wait for it .. cookies. Anyway, he got up to do something or other and I quickly grabbed his book report, erased part of the cookie, and drew in bite marks and a 70% completed cookie. I wrote "Evan Teacher was Hungry - Mashisoyo" which means "It was delicious." Bam! prank of the day!

I am honestly not happy unless I am stealing something, taking something and putting it somewhere else or generally partaking in random hi-jinks about once every 5-10 minutes or so. Elementary school makes this behavior acceptable, nay, encouragable! Spell Check is telling me encouragable is not a word. Is this true??

Anyway, that probably was not the prank of the day but that was the incident where I decided I'd blog about it so there you go. The great thing about Korean elementary schools is that the students' ages run the gauntlet enough to keep me entertained in all ways. I split my efforts about 50-50 between incredibly silly and enjoying dry and sarcastic humor. In Korean schools, the 6th graders are old enough where this works out well. It was one of the main reasons I loved Westwood!! I was able to start with younger kids and work my way all the up to the 15 and 16 year-olds everyday.

Winter Camp started this past Monday. I will update you guys on my PE and Cooking classes in my next post but know that I am loving it.

By the way, if any of my WW swimmers are reading this, know that I miss you every single day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment