Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hey All

Really enjoying Matthew and Blair's classes as it turns out. There is still a good chunk of me that would rather watch LOTR with actor's commentary and Korean movies all day (my original schedule), but I have adjusted thusly and am making a go of it. I start winter camps tomorrow. It should be interesting. Being the wily veteran of Hae Song (longest tenured among the English Camps) I was able to finagle P.E. and Cooking as my two main lesson plans. At first the cooking was giong to be centered around spaghetti which is certainly a strong suit. Now it seems we have switched to muffins so that has hurt my confidence but I won't be alone for it. I should survive without blowing anything up. The P.E. classes (freeze tag and capture the flag) will take me back to the dry land portions of working at Westwood so that should be fun too.

I am sick for the 3rd time in 1 month. The really terrible part is that of all 3 times I have gotten sick, I have ridden that line where I might get sick / might not and have made.. less than wise decisions as to how to take care of myself. Two were defensible (friends from Busan up the first time and being with Emily the second). This time it came down to having to carry a load on finishing JB - bleh!! By the way, I believe there was a severe misprint because on the side it said that a Colonel James Beam was born in 1804 and lived until 1947 putting him at just over 140. They say 140 is the new 90 though so what do I know.

Songs I'm listening to:
- These Days by Nico
- Staralfur by Sigur Ros
- Here With Me by Dido
Currently Reading:
Catch 22

Places I most want to visit from Where the He!! is Matt (video below):
Mumbai, India
Paro & Thimpu, Bhutan (Paro is my overall number 1)
Lisse, The Netherlands
Christmas Island, Australia
Madrid, Spain
Lancelin, Australia
Zanzibar
Alemania
Tel Aviv, Israel
Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
All of South/Latin America

I love this video - I've used it with my students in any class I've ever taught related to culture.
**
Where The He!! Is Matt 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment