Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One More Note on Book Reports

One last thing!!

Today, like I mentioned, was Library day and Book Report day. We took both our 1st grade classes and our 3rd graders. For the 1st graders I mostly read with/to them. I did this with most of the class (including my coteacher's, (Mrs. Lim), daughter!). Anyway, I got through about half of "The Seals on the Bus" with one of my students named Bailey before I realized this book was supposed to be sung to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus." I certainly thought it was odd that everything rhymed but I only paid it a passing glance. Also, this was the elongated version of the song. When she brought me the book I was initially excited because usually they choose really short books. This one turned out to have like 15 verses and run into the upwards of 20 pages. It was terrible because I had to read, over and over, phrases like "The sheeps on the bus go Bah bah bah, bah bah bah, bah bah bah. The sheeps on the bus go bah bah bah, all the something something or other." I paraphrased that last part. I think I covered the whole ecosystem.

No comments:

Post a Comment