Tuesday, December 1, 2009

T-Giving

Thanksgiving Day!! It came and went and for the most part my friends and I tried to do it right. We had a potluck dinner! At first a potluck seemed like a scary proposition since we were running heavy and volunteers for napkins, bread and wine and a little lighter on things like FOOD. It worked out in the long run though. I showed up with 2 pizzas and 2 bottles of wine. We had sweet potatoes wrapped in bacon with rosemary (thank you Patrick), baked chicken (Ryan), cake and salad (Carmine), TURKEY BURGERS (Joe), and marinara sauce to put on whatever it is we were supposed to put it on (thanks Sophia!). Sophia was actually our lovely host! We had 6 Americans and 6 Koreans throughout most of the night. We maintained the tradition of going around and saying what we were thankful.
In all seriousness, other things got me thinking about what I was thankful for in Korea but our T-giving dinner really cemented it for me. I, along with the rest of the A-team (our affectionate and 100% innocently motivated self-tagged group name), have been really lucky to find eachother. I referred to them as my family for a year, and I very much mean it. It is hard to believe I have only known them for 3 months and some change. We have been having a great time!!
On another note, I CAN'T wait to get my family up here. As most of you know, my parents and my girlfriend Emily will be coming up here in a little bit less than 3 weeks. I can't wait to share the past 3 months of my life with them. Pictures certainly help, but some things just have to be seen!!
Hope all is well with my faithful readers!! Happy Holidays!!

1 comment: