Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vacancies Vacancies!!

I found out today that after Matt and Blair, two of my English coworkers at Hae Song, leave at the end of December, there aren't two set people to come in and replace them. This means that the English Camps that begin towards the beginning of January will be run by the English director and me. In fact, we are so far from being set on two replacements that Ms. Lim has asked me (for some reason she's in charge of this search when she already has about a billion things to do!) to ask any of my friends if they want to come take their place!!

So if you are reading this and you know me or reading this and you know someone interested, there are two vacant positions at Hae Song opening up on January 1st'ish. I wish I could be more specific with the job details but because they will be hired directly through Hae Song and not the EPIK program like I was, I am not completely clear on all the details. My understanding is that they would want them here at the beginning of January or ASAP after that for a 1 year contract. I don't know the pay but I would assume it is somewhere in the realm of mine, perhaps better, which will mean that if you spend money somewhat reasonably (see Pea Coat post for my spending habits!) you should be able to save some considerable money. I am assuming, though am not sure, that they will pay for your flight to Korea and am positive they will set you up with living arrangements. The only specific requirement I know of is that you have to be a college graduate. Like I said, since it's a specific hire, there should be less hoops to jump through rather than going through a program. There will be no training period, but you will have me!! I mean I'm totes the best teacher in the world and if I can't run you through it I don't know who can (see Royal Rites of Brag..etc. etc.).

This is pretty abrupt, and I have my doubts that Hae Song's next hire will come through me but I am just throwing it out there. Two vacant positions! You can come as a tandem for all those in relationships!

I wish I could get some of the WW kids out here, but I don't know if they can look the part of a 20'something college grad!

No comments:

Post a Comment