Monday, December 7, 2009

Random tid bits

  • I forgot to mention an odd story on the way back home from Seoul this past Saturday. I was a little gloomy because at this point I came to the realization that I sealed my fate on the whole sickness thing. The cab ride definitely cheered me up though!! I had a cab driver who spoke English fantastically. After he narrowed down that 2 out of 3 of his passengers were from Texas (Sophia and myself, along with our 3rd Joe from LA), he proceeded to name off a few of the cities he had been to. He started with Houston (of course, even in Korea, everyone is from Houston) to which we nodded and then tacked on Dallas to which we nodded again. Then he dropped a bomb; Brooh-own-sville. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? It's hard to find a Texan who has been to Brownsville, much, much, much less a Korean.
  • Keeping up with my American habits, I have spent a solid % of my money on eating out. However, today might be a deciding reversal in the war against dining out. This is because today is the day I finally finished gathering all the ingredients for spaghetti. There were some casualties in this battle; I was forced to forego parmesean cheese. PC is my right hand man when it comes to the spaghett's. I thought it would be difficult to get ahold of salt too, but the stars aligned as I finally managed to (a) remember to look for it BEFORE going into the store rather than after and (b) have enough time to look for it rather than being in a rush. Shaping and educating kids' lives in Korea has been great but let it be known that the highlight of December 7th was spaghetti. Booyakasha!

No comments:

Post a Comment