Monday, December 7, 2009

About that Pea Coat



So it turns out I am sick for the 2nd time since living in Korea. My He-Man, take-no-prisoners, never-get-sick persona has been completely decimated. On Saturday I ventured out to Seoul to pick up my newly purchased coat - which I was very much excited for!! I gambled a bit, being the logical creature that I am, by arguing that I shouldn't wear a coat to go get a coat. I took a thermal and a hoodie and sallied forth. Turns out the coat was not ready (another gem lost in translation) and I was there for a final fitting of sorts. It should be shipped to me this coming Friday after school. At least I won't have to pick it up. I spent the rest of the day with Steve jumping around parts of Seoul and picking up lunch at the "All-American Diner." It was totes delish. (Totally delicious for the old timers). I really wasn't too cold that whole day, or at least I didn't feel like it but I guess I was wrong. There were certainly times where it was COLD but mostly it was an enjoyable cold that didn't get into your bones. I actually managed to jump home and take a hot shower before heading back to Seoul for the night to see some friends who came in from both Busan and Gwangju. However, my earlier poor decision was surpassed by the one I made that night to fully partake in the festivities. These decisions cost me and have thus stripped away my self-image (pictured above). I thought my new and healthy Korean diet could overpower the cold's of old that used to get to me far more often than most men. Apparently not - I lose again!!

However, the silver lining is that I will be assured to be in good health when the family and girlfriend arrive in a little less than two weeks. This has been the prime factor keeping me in as good a spirit as I can muster.

1 comment: