Monday, December 14, 2009

Seoul Snow Jam!!


This past Saturday I went down to Seoul with my friends Carmine and Joe. After a long afternoon of Christmas shopping, and in my more frugal and calculating ways, Christmas prospecting, we walked a few blocks down from Insadong (where we were shopping) to where some friends were getting ready to go ice skating. As it turns out, the rink was closing down but the latter portion of a snowboarding tournament was just getting going. We were probably there for about an hour or so. It was pretty fun. I think I had more fun being around all the people, many of whom were really into it, rather than actually watching the snowboarding. They replayed highlights from earlier in the day and the skiing ones actually looked great!! I snagged a few photos before we left which I put on facebook. It was definitely nice to see the lights out around Seoul. It is not always easy to grasp the American vacations here but Christmas seems to be coming along quite nicely! I heard that about 1/3rd of Koreans celebrate Christmas. Here are a few photos I took with absolutely no description to go along with them!!

1 comment: