Monday, April 11, 2011

You're the Man Now, Dawg

Ideal features in my future house:

  • The windows, ones I hope that showcase a view, to match those of my haveli-hostel in Ajmer, India. Sill, with dark wood shutters and white curtains that extend a foot into the forefront.
  • Maps and my own framed photos (check)
  • One entire wall to be a chalkboard a la 500 Days of Summer
Why? Two reasons:
While I'm not the owner of extravagant creative talent, I want to be surrounded by the tools to exert it during the few strikes of lightning. Can I draw? No! But, I would like my surroundings to be an enabler of my limited talents, the forceful fingers pushing out the small amount of toothpaste I possess.
Like my next tattoo (which will be in small part a homage to Johnny Depp since I'm stealing one of his designs; my feelings towards JD mirroring Hansel's estimation of Sting.. he's so hot right now.. Hansel), let's try this again. Like my next tattoo, my life is made up of borrowing. I find the special roads others have paved and try to drive on them as beautifully as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment